- Scientific articles submitted to the editorial of the “VIESH Bulletin” are subjects to mandatory review.
- The deputy of the chief editor determines the compliance of the article with the profile of the journal, the requirements for appearance and sends it for review to a specialist, doctor or candidate of sciences, who has the closest scientific specialization to the topic of the article from the staff of the institute.
- The executive secretary of the editorial board determines the review period in each case, taking into account the possibility for the most rapid publication of the article and this period does not exceed one month from the date of receipt of the article by the reviewer.
- The review covers the following issues:
a) whether the content of the article corresponds to the topic stated in the title;
b) how much does the article corresponds to the modern achievements of scientific and theoretical thought;
c) does the article clear to the readers for which it is written, from the point of view of language, style and arrangement of the material, clarity of tables, diagrams, figures and formulas;
d) is it reasonable to publish the article taking into account the literature previously published on this issue;
e) what are the positive aspects and disadvantages of the article exactly, what corrections and additions should be made by the author;
f) is it recommended, recommended taking into account the correction of the shortcomings noted by the reviewer or not recommended the article for publication in the journal.
- Reviews are submitting in the order of the institution where the reviewer works.
- The review process and the review is confidential. The author of the reviewed article might read the text of the review.
- If the review contains recommendations for correction and revision of the article, the executive secretary of the editorial board sends the text of the review to the author with a proposal to take them into account these recommendations when preparing a new version of the article or to refute them (partially or completely). The modified (revised) article must be sent for review again.
- The article, not recommended by the reviewer for publication, is not accepting for processing. The text of the negative review is sent to the author by e-mail, fax or regular mail.
- The positive review is not a sufficient basis for the publication of the article. The final decision about the publication is made by the editorial board of the journal and recorded in the meeting protocol of the editorial board.
- After the editorial board makes a decision on the acception of the article to publication, the executive secretary of the editorial board informs the author about it and specifies the date of publication. The text of the review is sent to the author by e-mail, fax or regular mail.
- Articles by members of the Russian Academy of agricultural Sciences, the Russian Academy of Sciences, if the member of the Academy is the first or the only one author of the publication are not subject to review.
- The original reviews are kept in the editorial office of “VIESH Vestnik” for five years.